- Know the local urban Agriculture ordinances: see this
- Identify the organizations and people currently working with community and farmers on various aspects of the ordinance. see this list
- Attend community listening and discussions on urban ag ordinances and use those spaces to articulate ideas, air grievances and build with stakeholders.
- Write letters to the urban Ag committee and other political stakeholders.
- Mobilize support and signatories among the Detroit Urban Farmers Network around specific issues.
- Sensitize and mobilize Detroit community and ally organizations on problematic urban Ag ordinances.